RIDE & PADDLE: Yamaha YXZ and the Blackfin SUP





UTV and SUP, both completely different activities yet easily combined and utilized by outdoors enthusiasts everywhere. I figured, why not do two things I enjoy on the same day? If Californians can surf and snowboard in one day, why can't I go offroading and then paddleboarding in the same day as well? So with that goal in sight, I loaded up my Blackfin Model V inflatable paddleboard into the back of a Yamaha YXZ1000r, along with my dog, Nala, and then headed out for a fun joy ride in Lake Havasu.


Copyright TGH Creative

A combination of sand, brush, cactus and dirt creates a unique desert landscape in this area of Arizona. It's an off-road enthusiasts paradise with endless trails and riding areas. Add in a massive lake that forms from the Colorado River, and you have an ideal place to enjoy both recreational activities. I unstrapped the SUP from the Yamaha and carried it down to the water, where I pumped it up, and was on the water in no time. Our Blackfin SUP came with a bag, paddle, pump, fin and more so I had everything I needed for this adventure. Nala gingerly stepped onto the board as soon as I put it in the water and found her perch right at the front where she hung out for the rest of the night. 




We paddled along the shoreline to the channel which is home to the infamous London Bridge (yes, the actual London Bridge). It was shipped to Lake Havasu City in the late 60's, and is a popular and iconic place to visit throughout the year. The sun began to set behind the huge desert mountains, casting pink, red and purple colors across the sky. Nala and I enjoyed the peacefulness of that sunset. As much as we love the sound of a fast, high powered motor, nothing beats the quiet, tranquil sound of a paddle sifting through calm water. It was the perfect end to a great day. A combination of my two passions, motorsports and watersports, in a serene setting. Cheers to the weekend, it's going to be a good one! 



Copyright TGH Creative


Comments

Popular Posts